100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Latest poll says that Chris is posting too much about politics ZZZZzzzz...

...although in my own defense I'd like to suggest that I'm not a political junky! REAL political junkies spend their waking hours playing imaginary games of Risk between the Democrats and Republicans in their heads. They also usually have two television sets to watch Fox News and CNN at the same time. Some of them would betray the family's priest to the Cossacks if dinner with Ann Coulter or Susan Estrich was part of the deal. The worst of the lot get an erotic turn-on by covering the bed with printouts of Zogby projections. I spent four years with some of the most psychotic political science majors in the cosmos: I know political junkies, man.

Consider me a mere historian who is watching events unfold, shaking his head in disbelief as this country becomes divided along a false dichotomy, and unable to believe that anything short of extreme circumstances will shake America from those who have enslaved her. That may not be for much longer, as many are now waking up to the stark reality that neither major party has anything of substance to offer: I wouldn't mind if they stagnated, but the damnable thing of it is that they're dragging this country into stagnation with them.

So with that in mind I had to post this story about MSNBC's poll showing that 88% of Americans do not believe the polls are accurate! How about that: a poll of Americans showing that Americans don't trust polls. Sorta like Michael Jackson asking a pack of Cub Scouts if they think he'll just let them ride the merry-go-round at Neverland, when you think about it.

Regarding my initial post from about two weeks ago about having something to say about an experience I had with the George W. Bush campaign four years ago (I posted some other thoughts and even confessions about my motivations a few days ago)... I'm still weighing it in my mind. Ya see, some of what I'd share with everyone... okay, some people know some of what happened, the account that got published then. But some stuff I didn't report on then for no other reason than because at the time, I was more than a little shocked at a few things that took place. It seemed so unbecoming of what I'd expected from these guys that I wondered if I even heard it right. Then some evidence turned up that proved it DID happen. And there's one other thing that only a few other people know about so far... and I'm wondering what might happen if that came out. It's not something provable mind you, but the circumstances by which it came to me does raise some curiosities in my mind.

Bottom line is this, I guess: I don't hate George W. Bush, but he's not someone who can be trusted either. He's a hypocrite and I loathe hypocrisy. I can't vote for John Kerry because of a few things like his pro-abortion stance, but in my mind he's at least the more honest of the two. But I can't find any reason to not come forward with my story either, and let people take from it what they will, to trust Kerry more or not because of it.

May or may not post from here on out until Monday, as we are wrapping up principle photography on Forcery. It's gonna be fun Saturday morning when we replicate Mel's Drive-In from American Graffiti. I might have a photo to post from that sometime this weekend that oughtta make everyone laugh, if we can pull it off :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Replicate american graffitti mels drive in? How are you going to pull that off?

Chris Knight said...

"Replicate american graffitti mels drive in? How are you going to pull that off?"With a convertible, an apron and slick editing :-)

Anonymous said...

Chris is at Church now, he will be right with you following these messages....

Folks, do you smoke unfiltered cigarettes? Try Lucky Strike!

LUCKIES TASTE BETTER. Cleaner, Fresher, Smoother

WHAT A DAY... what a game... what a cigarette! Why is Lucky so much a part of moments like this? It's the fact that Luckies taste better... rich mellow, thoroughly pleasant. Luckies taste better, first of all, because Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. Then this tobacco is toasted. "It's Toasted" to taste even better... So, light up a Lucky, the better-tasting cigarette.

I Want My Maypo!

And now back to Chris' blog...

Anonymous said...

"So with that in mind I had to post this story about MSNBC's poll showing that 88% of Americans do not believe the polls are accurate!"

Am I the only one to see the irony?

Chris Knight said...

'Zat you Kyle?? :-)

About to post a photo from this past Saturday's filming, along with a link to the rest to show how we did Mel's Drive-In from "American Graffiti".