100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Friday, May 27, 2005

Seeking Christian Wisdom from the Jedi Masters...

Well gang, for more than over a month I was working to get Forcery out and now that's finally accomplished. I can now set my sights on doing some other things that have been on the radar screen (and yes Brian I am going to be posting those pics from Star Wars Celebration III :-) Gotta bear in mind, and it's a whole new thing on the other side of the fence believe you me, but getting a movie out is a TOUGH thing to do!! There are always a zillion little things that could be better that you have to make judgement calls on, and decide whether or not the film would be okay with those things in there, knowing it would take forever to get ALL the wrinkles out. In the end, yeah it's not a *perfect* baby but it's still our baby, lumps and all. And I love it :-) And, it seems to be getting quite a bit of attention already. Time will tell how well it'll be received but I just feel good knowing that, hey, "I made a movie!!!!"

But while word on it gets around it's time to move on to other things. I wanted to mention this earlier but it kept getting bogged down in the back of my mind but there's a really good book out right now called Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters that Lisa and I found when we were in Indianapolis last month. It's written by Dick Staub and in it, he doesn't do like *ahem* some people have attempted to do and turn the Jedi way into a full-blown religion (what are some of you guys down in Australia and New Zealand thinking anyway?? :-) but he does use illustrations from the Star Wars saga to demonstrate what it means to be a Christian from the earliest, most traditional perspective. I'm finding that this book is a great introduction for someone who might not have been given a real explanation of Christian theology, and for those of us who are long-time believers Staub's book provokes a lot of challenge and encouragement to consider on our own what it means to be a Christian believer and to gain strength from even the most humble of life's circumstances. As the apostle Paul said, "I am become all things to all men..." and here Staub makes it clear that Paul even meant becoming a Padawan Learner unto those men who spent idle weekends walking around in vacuu-formed plastic armor. Anyway, it's a great book and I'm heartily recommending it.

0 comments: