100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

They are SOLDIERS, darnnit... not "TROOPS"!

I'm reading some stuff about this Cindy Sheehan business where Bush is vacationing on his "ranch" (just what does this ranch produce anyway: beef cattle, dairy, ranch dressing...?) and I just have to rant about this...

Call them "soldiers". Do NOT call them "troops"! A troop is a unit of soldiers, not the whole mass of soldiers put together. Say you SUPPORT THE SOLDIERS but please in the name of all that's good and holy STOP SAYING "SUPPORT THE TROOPS"!! I mean, the singular of "troops" is "troop" but when was the last time you called the highway patrolman who's writing out your citation a "state troop"? Call them "troopERS" if you must, but no more of this "WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" crap. It just ain't accurate.

While we're on the subject, I support our soldiers. I do not support the meaningless war that our soldiers have been put into, however.

0 comments: