100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Disney has gone to the dogs

Was doing a random traipse through the blogs and found this one-sheet posted at The Hollywood Blacklist:
Dear Lord, they just can't leave well enough alone, can they? Earlier this year I reported that a remake of Tron is in the pipeline at Disney. Now they've gone and done this. What next: a redo of Song of the South starring 50 Cent?

BTW, the original The Shaggy Dog is a pretty funny movie. I saw it years ago, and not long afterward I happened to catch its sequel The Shaggy D.A.. The original stars Fred MacMurray, who played the scoutmaster in that movie Follow Me, Boys! that I wrote about awhile back. Good, classic Disney fare that doesn't need any mangling by Michael Eisner.

Hollywood Blacklist is also reporting that the trailer for The DaVinci Code is going to be attached to Peter Jackson's King Kong next month. That'll probably be the closest I ever get to anything relating to The DaVinci Code. For my thoughts on that - and some info on a MUCH more intriguing story regarding that kind of stuff - read this post from this past January.

0 comments: