100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

First thoughts on Peter Jackson's King Kong

Just got in. And like what happened last month with my review of Walk The Line, I'm going to give myself a little bit of time to really digest it all. Will have a couple hours later during the day during which I can write up and post a full review.

I don't even know what to post as a thought about it for the interim. It's just... wow.

Is it perfect? No. Is it perfect enough to topple Titanic as all-time box-office champ? I think so.

It will never supplant the 1933 King Kong. This is an animal all its own. But in terms of being in the spirit of the original, this is the best damned remake I've ever seen in my life.

One word from the movie I'll use to describe this with: "Beautiful."

Time for some downtime. More on King Kong 2005 on the flipside.

0 comments: