100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tom Cruise has 66% of my face

First it was Jenna Olwin who did it. Then Darth Larry ran the thing on himself. Lisa did hers too but she hasn't posted it to her blog yet. So I thought that I might as well try out the MyHeritage facial recognition gimmick that figures out who you most look like. I used the photo we took of me wearing my "I is a school board candidate" shirt on election night.

And, here's what it spat out...


So Tom Cruise and me share 66% of our facial characteristics. I also somewhat resemble Oded Fehr (the guy who played Ardeth Bey in the recent Mummy movies), Michael Jordon, Jeb Bush... and Alanis Morisette?! Well, you should see who it said Lisa looked like... but she'll kill me if I spill it here!

I was darn positive this was going to tell me that I looked like Ralph Fiennes, William H. Macy and Steve Buscemi because plenty of people over the years have told me that I look like those guys, especially Fiennes. The site encourages you to try other photos, so who knows who else I might resemble.

EDIT 12:12 AM 11-22-2006: I did it again, this time with the photo we took for my campaign's newspaper ad. Some surprising results this time...

So now I look like two well-known race car drivers (Jeff Gordon and Alex Yoong), a Playboy supermodel (Rachel Hunter), a legendary tough-guy actor (James Coburn), the guy from Hostel (Jay Hernandez), the Rev. Billy Graham, all-time football great Joe Montana, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard/Professor Xavier himself Patrick Stewart. Still no Ralph Fiennes. That's one weird assortment of characters to resemble though...

0 comments: