100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wow, Jim Webb's response to Bush's State of the Union speech tonight...

...was one of the best speeches by an elected official I've heard in a real long time.

Colorful, articulate, spoke on the level of everyday people... as opposed to Bush's speech which tonight - as it does all too often - was in a dreary monotone that sounded too much like an illiterate speaking.

I don't necessarily agree with Webb on everything (he' supports No Child Left Behind apparently) but listening to him was quite refreshing.

Plus, I just found out that he's a filmmaker too. And he used to live where a lot of my family on my mother's side comes from.

Anyhoo, after too many years of Bushes (and now threatening to have more Clintons, God help us), Webb is someone I feel like I could probably cast a vote for and not feel ashamed about it afterward. And that's a good thing.

12:37 AM 1-24-2007: Looks like I may have spoken too soon: apparently Webb is one of those favoring amnesty for illegals.

That's a major strike in my book.

0 comments: