100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hugo Weaving is the voice of Megatron in TRANSFORMERS

Whoa. Never saw THAT one coming.I don't think anyone can ever really replace Frank Welker's long stretch as the Decepticon's leader. For those of us who grew up in the 80s, well... Welker's and Chris Latta's were the voices of pure diabolical evil. Sadly both are no longer with us. We will still have Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime though.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Hugo Weaving doing speech for the Megster.

EDIT 6:17 PM EST: Geoff Gentry just told me that Frank Welker has NOT gone to the great beyond, as was previously reported. Bad, bad mistake on my part. Guess it was late and I was thinking too much about how it's Chris Latta who has passed on (he was the voice of Starscream, as well as Cobra Commander on the G.I. Joe cartoon). Nice to know that Welker is still active.

How about we retain Welker's voice as Megatron and use Weaving's for Starscream?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank's still alive and recording voices. IMDB as wrong as it can be at times still has him listed at Megatron in Transformers.

qemuel said...

I'm pretty torn about this. Although I very much like Hugo Weaving, Welker DEFINES Megatron for me. I'm not sure that I can accept someone else knowing that the real deal is still kicking.

We'll just have to see...