100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Every Harry Potter book ... in less than a month

A few weeks from now on July 21st, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - the seventh and final chapter of the Harry Potter saga - will be published. We pre-ordered our copy last week. On the night of July 20th (which ironically will be me and Lisa's fifth wedding anniversary) we'll be at the Border's bookstore on High Point Road in Greensboro to be part of the midnight festivities, just as we did two years ago. I'm considering putting together some sort of costume for the night, which will be the first one I've done for a Harry Potter character. But who to go as? My first inclination is to go as Professor Severus Snape, since my dark black gown from high school graduation looks perfect for the role. Except that if I show up as Snape I'll probably get lynched and killed on the spot by a gang of angry adolescents.

In the meantime, with twenty-five days to go, I'm going to take a stab at reading all of the Harry Potter books, leading right up to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ...

So that will wind up being every Harry Potter book in the space of a month. I'm going to start later tonight with the first book: Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. Can I do it? My friend Jenna Olwin started on May 31st so she's got a way head start. Hope I can catch up with her in time. And the plan is to take down notes of things that I'm going to notice this time around: seemingly small details that may or may not have significance in the last novel. I'll be posting reports here as I finish each book :-)

3 comments:

qemuel said...

If you remember, I had never read any of them until right before the previous one came out. I read them all within two weeks, and then the last one in one sitting after we closed up the store the night it came out.

Point being, it can be done.

Becca and I are going up there to get my copy and pick on those still stuck in the Borders grind (heh-heh); we should all hook up!

YAY!

qemuel said...

Oh, and remind me to tell you my BLADE RUNNER story some time...
:)

Darth Larry said...

i'm attempting this too! i'm about a third into chamber of secrets...