100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just finished reading HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

It took almost exactly 24 hours, from the time that we bought our copy, to finish reading it. As I've said in the last few posts, I wanted to take my time reading it, and let this experience linger and be drawn out and enjoyed as much as it possibly could be, because this really is the very last time that I will get to read a Harry Potter book without having any way of knowing what to expect as the next page is turned.

For the first time in my life, ever, my eyes were full of tears after reading the final words of a book.

That wasn't the only time either that it happened while reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, either.

Best experience I've had reading a book since ... maybe ever. It's going to take quite awhile for this to fully sink in.

There are a lot of things I'm going to be saying about this book in the next few days, especially when I write up my full review. But this needs to be stated loud and clear and right now: As of this moment a lot of people, if they have any shred of conscience, owe J.K. Rowling a huge apology. For trying to claim that this series of books is evil and morally corrupting and the ridiculous charge that it's "promoting satanism". The people who have said these things and have tried to ban the Harry Potter books and who have said a lot of nasty things about Rowling, if they have any sense at all, they will express nothing short of profound regret at what they have done all these years.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows establishes these seven books, now and forever, as Christian allegory that's just as wonderful as The Chronicles of Narnia. And I defy anyone to argue with me otherwise about that.

This book came out just over 24 hours ago. I'm already finished reading it. If you've finished reading it too and have a blog, do yourself a favor and make a note of it with a post, so that you can have something to point toward in years to come so you can tell your kids and grandkids "yes, I read Deathly Hallows when it first came out."

This book makes history. The good kind.

Will write more later. I'm gonna rest awhile now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to the bookstore, started reading it, and found myself still standing in the same place several hours later! Digesting it all will certainly take some time.

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

one more thing I thought about as HP as a CHristian story (this may be a touch spoiler so beware now)


We all fall short of imperfection in this life and have some amount of sin in us even though we use our own efforts to be perfect. Only after we have let our sin "be killed" and replaced by the light can we be perfected by Christ. very similar to H needing to get rid of part of his soul that needed to be destroyed....

That didn't come out as articulate as it sounded in my head- but you may get my drift- let me know when you write the book of HP as CHristian Allegory and I will buy it and try to get it signed!!!!

BTW congrats on your anniversary!