100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Monday, October 08, 2007

My upcoming sabbatical

Sometime soon I'm going to take a break from blogging. Maybe a long one.

Yeah, I've walked away from the blog before (like when I gave up blogging for Lent last year). But this time it's going to be different. I'll no doubt do the Christmas post that's become tradition for this site, but other than that - and unless something really serious happens - this is going to be a real sabbatical with no defined end, until I feel like I'm ready to return.

For over a year now I've been involved in one long continuous series of struggles. Some of those I've written about here, like the school board race. And giving hell to unscrupulous government officials and fighting schemes to impose school uniforms. There have also been a number of things that I haven't written about here: situations that you can't begin to imagine.

All this past year I've had to fight one battle after another: some political, some legal, and some that were extremely spiritual. With no time to really rest or reflect throughout the whole time. I'd be lying if I said that this hasn't taken a toll on me. It's certainly caused me to become more mature than I've ever been before. And I believe that I'm much wiser now for it.

But all the same: I've lost something. And I need to go and find it again.

That, and there are still projects that I would like to devote more personal time toward pursuing. Things that I like to believe will enrich my life and that of those I care about. One's time on this Earth shouldn't be entirely devoted to fighting the battles: there also needs to be time to create things.

So no, this Knight's crusade isn't finished yet. But the warrior needs a respite to go and discover again what he is fighting for, and just as importantly why he is fighting.

I expect to be posting for another week or so, long enough to launch the auction for the copy of the Transformers: The Score CD signed by Steve Jablonsky, and then take off for a spell. And then hopefully I'll be back sooner than later and with new things to write about :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sad to hear this news, as I only just recently discovered your blog due to the Transformers petition. Kudos to you though on being able to walk away from such a personal and time-consumming outlet. I hope you find what you're looking for, and I look forward to your return.

Also, thanks for everything you've done regarding the Transformers score. Best of luck!

Cassie

Chris Knight said...

Dear Cassie,
I'm probably going to return sometime around new year's. There'll definitely be the posting of the Christmas article from when I was writing for my college newspaper, which has become a tradition here. But I *really* need to take a break for awhile and get refreshed.

Be of good cheer. I shall return. Knowing that what I write here *is* being appreciated by you (I always love hearing from new readers) will always be reason enough to want to come back soon :-)

Jenna St.Hilaire said...

Your old readers, as well as new, will certainly miss you ... but wish you absolutely the best in your break. I can understand the pressure that blogging adds to days and weeks.

Have a good time off, and I'll keep watch for your return here--but hopefully we'll keep in touch anyway :-)

Blessings,

Jenna