100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Monday, December 03, 2007

An update ... a major one ... about running for Congress

I'm still going to run for United States House of Representatives.

But not right now.

No, I'm not "dropping out". I'm still wanting to see if a regular American citizen can do this. But for the time being, the experiment is delayed.

Please understand something: I've been dead-serious about this all along. I filed to create the exploratory committee. The website was almost finished. Some other stuff was taking place behind the scenes too, that I've been busy with the past few days.

Looking back over the past week, it's pretty darned amazing at what came together, so fast on this.

But there've been a few other developments too. Enough to make me realize that yes, the time is soon for this... but the time is not now. Not yet. And before people start sending in real money, this needs addressing.

A lot of people have wanted me to do this. Plenty of them have said that I probably could have won this thing, even though how I was going to run this campaign was going to be wildly different than anything you've probably ever seen before.

I would love to take a shot at it. Would like nothing more than to try this, so far as that "arena of ideas" thing that I've been fighting in for most of my life goes.

But if I were to go to Congress now, I wouldn't be as strong and capable a servant as I could be if I waited a few more years.

If you want the real reason why I've chosen not to do this at the present time, here it is: the past few days (no I don't want to say what exactly caused me to arrive at this) made me realize that I'm not as wise as I would like to be. That I still have some growing-up to do. That doesn't mean that I'm "immature" in the least bit... but I would be doing a terrible thing if I didn't give myself some time to grow into that more, into whatever it is that God is wanting me to become.

I've said on here before that between being in Congress and being able to live my life to the fullest according to what God would have for me, there's no contest as to which I would pick. My life has to be defined by something other than whether or not I win an election. That's not the basis of my happiness. And in many ways I'm still looking for that basis. But it's not in politics as most people understand it. But whatever it is, it's out there. And I'm just going to trust in the Lord to bring me to it.

There are a few other reasons why I'm choosing against doing this at this point in time. Some personal and some that would take a very long time to discuss here, so I'm not going to try.

Let's see how things are around 2009. That's not far away at all anyway...

EDIT 11:00 a.m. EST: One other reason why I'm not doing this now: I sincerely believe that we are coming upon a time when those outside of government, will be able to do much more good than those inside of government can possibly achieve.

I'd rather be one of those who is capable of doing something meaningful, with whatever passion and talent that I possess. As I've said before, you don't have to be elected to make the world a better place :-)

2 comments:

The Swamp Fox said...

I understand your reasoning, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed. I even wrote a post on my blog about you running.

I think time is running out for the Empire, and we must reverse things now via the 2008 election.

They may throw my vote out, but I'm going to vote for you as a write-in.

Anonymous said...

Brad Miller is going to be relieved to hear this news.