100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Friday, March 21, 2008

First images of Snake-Eyes from the live-action G.I. JOE movie

I am not hopeful about this movie at all. So much of it screams wrong, like having the G.I. Joe team, an American counter-terrorist group, based in Belgium. And a far-too-young Cobra Commander.

But there have been a few things about G.I. Joe that have piqued my curiosity. Christopher Eccleston as Destro, f'rinstance. And Ray Park as Snake-Eyes. And the fact that Larry Hama, who pretty much defined the entire look and tone of the Eighties-era G.I. Joe mythology, is aboard the production team.

And then yesterday Ain't It Cool News, courtesy of Larry Hama himself, delivers the first officially released photos of Snake-Eyes from the film...

Here's the other pic, after I played around with it in Photoshop to bring out more detail...

That's Snake-Eyes alright. No question about it. The only thing I don't like is that he's got the Arishakage clan's hexagram emblazoned on his costume's shoulder, when I much prefer it tattooed on his arm and out of sight. But the fact that the hexagram is being used at all makes up a bit for that quibble.

I must admit, I really like how they've got Snake-Eyes looking here.

(By the way, I still have in my possession my almost-pristine copy of G.I. Joe issue #21: the legendary "Silent Interlude" story. Along with #25 and #26 of the same run. So if these pics can impress me, that's sayin' something :-)

1 comments:

Abas KS said...

Hi, Chris

How are things?

Its got to be Wesley Snipes in the snake eyes suit, yeah. He's good with swords & stuff. Gi.Joe movie; awesome!The blade's way too shiny, it looks straight out of a gift shop. Lol! :-D Really bad for a stealth. He's blind too isn't he; Snake eyes?

Also, I wrote a post about your Forcery movie. I will be glad for you to take a look at it.


Abas
abassterinternational.blogspot.com