100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Monday, June 02, 2008

Tonight I confronted Johnny Robertson with questions and a video camera

Yup, I sure did.

Went down to the WGSR studio at 7 p.m. last night (now 7 hours ago) and waited until Johnny Robertson - of the "Church of Christ in Name Only", the hyper-legalist cult in these parts that is demonstrating so much hatred toward others, all in the name of Jesus Christ - showed up for his weekly live television broadcast.

Robertson got there just before 8:30 on his way to do his show. And I didn't hesitate to ask Robertson three big questions:

(1) How is what he is doing showing devotion to Jesus Christ, and showing Christ's love to the lost of this world?

(2) Where in the Bible does it say that if you are not baptized that you are going to Hell?

(3) "I'm here Johnny... so will you debate me live on the air tonight?"

Robertson never answered the first question, could not answer the second (apart from some saying that baptism is "a command" but he still could not demonstrate how the unbaptized person will go to Hell) and he adamantly REFUSED to debate me, saying that he already had "an agenda" and later on in the evening he seemed to imply that I'm "small potatoes" (my words) and that he much more prefers to debate well-known Baptist, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, etc. He kept citing that I don't have enough "knowledge of scripture". Although he denied it, I have to wonder if that means I have to have a doctorate of divinity degree in order for him to be interested. He also said that debating me would be "boring".

I videotaped it, folks. He videotaped me videotaping him too. I'll have it up later in the morning.

Oh yah, and Johnny Robertson also said that I'm not saved at all, because I was baptized in a Baptist church (even though I am not denominational at all, I was baptized while in college because I became a believer in Christ there and I wanted to do this before I graduated) and something to the effect that my baptism did not come because of repentance. Uhhhh...

I'm going to post the video on YouTube and then stick it on this blog, but after that I'm pretty much through with Johnny Robertson. My offer to debate on live television still stands though: he won't take it. In my sincere opinion, he's too genuinely afraid to take me up on it. Much of the time during two videotaped meetings (before and after the show) he kept trying to badger out of me which "denomination" I was. And it must have flustered him that I just consider myself a "follower of Christ" who worships with other believers. Robertson accused me of being a "renegade", something that he reiterated during his live show tonight also (and there's gonna be some really hilarious footage of that, friends and neighbors!).

Like I said, I'll have the video up later this morning. Trust me: it's a hoot!

EDIT 1:44 p.m. EST: Here's the link to the video.

16 comments:

Brian (Nunchux) said...

I can't wait to see it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hail, hail Sir Christopher, Knight and Defender of the Faith!

He went out alone to face the giant and made it run away!

Hail, hail!

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,
Johnny better watch himself. If I'm thinking right you've run one convicted felon out of town before already. Yes I'm talking about 5 years ago in Greensboro. You could do it again.

What happened to that guy?

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do to Johnny Robertson can never be bad enough. He has hurt man many people with his hateful preaching and ambushes. For once it seems he got a piece of his own medicine!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your video Chris! I thought it was hysterical that he wouldn't debate you and you could tell he was flustered on his show about the whole thing.

I agree... you gave him a taste of his own medicine!

--- Katie

Chris Knight said...

Katie,
I'm putting it together now. It's going to be a very serious affair...

...but me being me, I couldn't help, hmmm... "spicing" it up a bit.

Don't worry. I'm not changing ANYTHING that Robertson said, or taking it out of context. But... ahhh you'll see. Hope to have it finished by noon :-)

To Zep,
I know exactly what you're talking about and who you are talking about. Am a bit surprised that five years later someone actually remembers that :-)

Let's just say that I've kept my eye on him.

Anonymous said...

Very good

Anonymous said...

(2) "Where in the Bible does it say that if you are not baptized that you are going to Hell?"

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been Baptized into Christ have PUT ON CHRIST.

Can you go to heaven if you havent PUT ON CHRIST???

ROM 6:3-4 Know ye not,that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by BAPTISM into death:that like as Christ was rasied up from the dead by the glory of the father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Can we walk in newness of life if were not baptized into his death???

Rom 6:5-7 For if we have been planted togather in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:6:6 Knowing this,that our old man is crucified with him,that the body of sin might be destroyed,that henceforth we should not serve sin.6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Can we go to heaven if were not planted togather in the likeness of his death so that we can be also in the likeness of his resurrection???
Can we go to heaven if our old man is not crucified with him,that the body of sin might be destroyed???
Can we go to heaven if were not baptized into Christs death so that we can be dead with Christ and freed from sin???

Chris Knight said...

Brandon,
To have faith in Christ alone is to put on Christ, is to be "baptized" into Christ.

His death alone is enough. No work or other physical act on our part can possibly add to that.

Anonymous said...

col 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with circumcision made WITHOUT HANDS, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of christ: BURIED with him in BAPTISM, WHEREIN also ye are RISEN with him through the faith of the OPERATION of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

The circumcision made WITHOUT hands is a physical act???

The OPERATION OF GOD is a WORK that we do for ourselves???

Chris Knight said...

"The OPERATION OF GOD is a WORK that we do for ourselves???"

You are attempting to turn this into the ecclesiastical version of "It's Shake 'n Bake, and I helped!"

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you mean by shake n bake but you said you was a bible thinker so I gave you plenty of scriptures and questions to think about.Hopefully you and your readers will read these scriptures and think about these questions.

Chris Knight said...

Brandon,
You are preaching legalism bereft of love and grace.

Without these things, we are still enslaved to the law, which Jesus came to put an end to.

Not ONCE in all of this have I heard anyone from the local "Church of Christ" cult speak about the grace of God and how without THAT, we are lost.

Instead, you and the rest of them are preaching a God without grace.

And so long as we are talking Bible verses...

Galatians 2, verses 3 through 5:

"Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you."

Just as some demanded circumcision as proof of "obedience" and “salvation” in the time of Paul, so as to make others slave to the law, so do some now seek to use baptism to enslave people today to the law.

The Apostle Paul was talking about the "Church of Christ" cultists like Robertson, Oldfield and Fields almost two thousand years ago.

In fact, he said even then that they are "false brothers" come to infiltrate our ranks (in the case of the local "Church of Christ" cult this is very literally so) and "spy on us" (what else is Oldfield and Fields doing with their video cameras going to other churches?) because they want to make slaves of those in Christ.

This cannot be refuted: that this "Church of Christ" is not a real church, and it is not of Christ at all.

Anonymous said...

Wow, such misinterpretation of the scriptures.Best thing you can do for yourself is to study your Bible. It seems that your not even trying to have an open mind to what im saying or the scriptures I have given.

Chris Knight said...

I know what you are trying to do.

And it doesn't work on me.

That you dare suggest having an "open mind", when in fact that is the last thing that you desire anyone to have, tells me much.

There is but one verse in the entirety of scripture that asks what we must do to be saved... and the answer given never says anything other than to have faith in Christ.

Baptism is not mentioned as being an absolute requirement for salvation.

Your kind takes a few verses of scripture, twists them according to your own doctrine, and then you ignore all of the rest of scripture that screams its case against you.

So Brandon, my own suggestion to everyone reading this, is to not listen to EITHER you or me, or listen to any other doctrine of man or church. But instead ask God to grant wisdom and guidance as He shows the reader what He would have them understand.

I have no doubt that approaching the Bible thusly will amply demonstrate that we are saved by grace of God alone, and not by anything we choose to do... including whether we choose to be baptized or not.

Chris Knight said...

And you cannot demonstrate how the verses I cited are a "misinterpretation" of scripture, either.

Your cult does nothing but make baseless accusation, and then runs away from providing hard evidence.