100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The September 11 Television Archive

NBC, September 11, 2001, from 8:31 am to 9:12 a.m. EST:

That's what I happened to have been watching that morning, after I turned on my TV following one of the most unforgettable phone calls I ever got from Mom.

I switched to the ABC affiliate in Asheville not long after. The moment that has most haunted me from that day begins at around 33 minutes in this clip.

"Oh my God..."

-- Peter Jennings, ABC News,
after the collapse of the second tower of the World Trade Center

The September 11 Television Archive - hosted by the terrific Internet Archive - has documented practically every moment of major network broadcast television from that horrific morning seven years ago today, stretching into the afternoon and evening of 9/11. If you want to study the events as they happened while they were being covered by NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CNN and the BBC, this should prove to be an immensely rich trove of information.

1 comments:

bondservant said...

I feel like my heart is being torn from me every time I remember the horrors of that day. The tragedy of all those people and heros who died when the World Trade Centers were attacked is something that will never leave my mind.