100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

A Christmas Story, the classic film of Ralphie Parker (Peter Billingsley) who pines for a Red Ryder BB gun in his stocking in Indiana circa 1940, was released twenty-five years ago today, on November 18th 1983...

"How about a nice football?"

I saw it twice in theaters when it came out. First Mom and Dad took my sister, my best friend Chad and I to see it, and then two weeks later our Cub Scout troop watched it together. Good times!

In honor of today's occasion, this evening leg lamps will be aglow in living room windows across America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren McGavin was one of my all time favorites.

Night Stalker was a great low budget show back in the 70's.

Christmas Story is one of those movies that I never get tired of watching.

Thanks Darren for all the laughs!

Anonymous said...

...

I don't get the hype. I always thought it was an alright movie.

But a classic? Hardly.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why this is such a big hit. However in my house the 24hr marathon ran non stop! geese I'm sick of it!