100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Friday, January 16, 2009

The hero

Like my Dad said this morning, "That is one cool dude".

Here's the photo that's most going around today of Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger, III, the pilot of US Airways Flight 1549 who landed his stricken jetliner smack down the middle of the Hudson River in New York City yesterday, an ultra-rare feat that saved the lives of everyone aboard...

I've said before that this blog exists to share my thoughts on various subjects, and to highlight and give praise to those people and things that deserve it. Well, it's been too long since I've felt anything as terrific to report on as good Captain Sullenberger and what he and the US Airways crew did yesterday. This old world doesn't have nearly enough heroes anymore. Yesterday, "Sully" gave it back its heroes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I attempted to simulate what Sullenberger did with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Taking off from LaGuardia and having to circle across Manhattan then lining up with the Hudson. I couldn't do it the three times that I tried and I hit the bridge on the second time. I have even more admiration for Sullenberger now!

Chris Knight said...

Heard an excellent suggestion today: that Sullenberger should be given a cameo role on Lost! I heartily agree.

He can be the pilot who winds up rescuing everyone in the final episode :-)