100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Thursday, December 03, 2009

How community theater can help YOU lose 15 pounds in 5 days!

So tonight we had the fourth performance of Theatre Guild of Rockingham County's production of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. That was four performances we did on this first day of the show (mostly for elementary students). We don't take to the stage again until tomorrow night at 7:30.

A lot of people in the cast and crew have mentioned that in the past few days, that I might have lost weight. So after getting home I got on the scales.

Since dress rehearsals began Monday night, I've lost fifteen pounds. All from wearing the full firefighter gear and carrying the oxygen pack around.

Wondering how much of that might be water, 'cuz inside that thing, under the lights, you can't help but sweat like a pig. I've said it before but it merits saying again: I now have a whole new appreciation for firefighters, after experiencing just this very small bit of activity they go through regularly.

Four more shows to go before the end of the weekend! And call me crazy but... I'm beginning to think about going into firefighting now. Hey, who says I couldn't ride a ladder and do filmmaking on the side too? :-)

0 comments: