100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

22 hours without electricity

More than 43,000 people here in Rockingham County have been without power since last night because of the winter storm. The precious juice stopped flowing to my own house at just after 7:30 p.m. yesterday evening.

I've been hunkered down under four blankets and a Boy Scout sleeping bag for most of that time since, trying to stay warm.

Give it up for the lads (and lasses) of Duke Energy though! They restored electricity a short time ago to this road and from what I'm hearing, about 11,000 are still without power and hopefully they'll be back on the grid by first of the morning at the latest. So Lord willing, Rockingham County won't miss the Super Bowl "big game".

Got any weather-related stories? Feel free to post in the comments! This is gonna be one to tell the grandkiddies about!

1 comments:

bmovies said...

I'm surprised that you in the south is getting snowstorms, yet up North, at keast in my neighborhood, I'm getting nothing. Usually the north is supposed to get major snowstorms and the south is supposed to be snow free all year round :-)