100% All-Natural Content
No Artificial Intelligence!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Five things you didn't know about me

Shane Thacker "tagged" me so now I gotta play along and give five things that most people probably don't know about me...
1. I wrecked my first car when I was two years old.

2. One of my favorite things to eat is a home-made pepperoni pizza with lots of sauce, then drizzle it plenty with Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing before putting it in the oven. Some people think that sounds gross but I think a pizza done "Chris Knight style" is delicious.

3. In eighth grade there was this girl who kept thinking that I was her boyfriend. She wouldn't leave me alone and she kept telling everyone that we were "going steady". So I put a stop to that... by sending her divorce papers.

4. I once got lost at night and stopped to ask for directions at a church... that was having a snake-handling service.

5. Whenever I'm in church I don't sing the hymns: I whistle them.

I'll tag Chad and Jenna.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"1. I wrecked my first car when I was two years old."

Now how in the heck did that happen? :-)

"2. One of my favorite things to eat is a home-made pepperoni pizza with lots of sauce, then drizzle it plenty with Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing before putting it in the oven. Some people think that sounds gross but I think a pizza done "Chris Knight style" is delicious."

I dont think that sounds gross. I think it sounds good. Wouldnt mind trying it at least once. Though, I really prefer a plain cheese pizza.

"3. In eighth grade there was this girl who kept thinking that I was her boyfriend. She wouldn't leave me alone and she kept telling everyone that we were "going steady". So I put a stop to that... by sending her divorce papers."

Now THAT is a funny story! How did she handle that? What was the result?

(And does Lisa know that you were divorced? ;-))



"4. I once got lost at night and stopped to ask for directions at a church... that was having a snake-handling service."

What was that like? And did they give you the directions?

Chris Knight said...

Well, it wasn't actually a car, it was my dad's truck. He left me in it while he went inside the barn. I must have hit the parking brake or something because the truck went forward and smashed through one of the milk room walls. They never left me unattended in a vehicle again after that :-)

The girl from eighth grade didn't handle the "divorce" well at all. Word got around pretty quickly around school about what I did to her. Years later one of my teachers from there told me that was one of the funniest things she'd ever seen happen among middle school students.

And regarding the snake handling church: I wouldn't have stopped in a strange place like that had I not been *desperately* lost, and this was like way deep in the wilderness. I saw lights on and heard singing so I went in. I was about a foot through the door when I saw an outstretched arm about five feet away holding a rattlesnake. And then someone holding another snake started walking toward me...

I was back in the car and speeding away from that place within ten seconds :-)